FloSports has evolved its business to provide complete coverage of the sports we bring to our users. Unfortunately, the existing homepage didn't adapt to this evolution. It under-indexed on the depth of content we have in each vertical and over-indexed on VoD and live streams. With the redesign, we aimed to align the homepage with current business goals to foster user retention and engagement.
We engaged a research partner to get a clear picture of the existing challenges and opportunities. Our research partner pinpointed five essential areas to address:
- Make the homepage dynamic for all sports
- Provide a data-rich sports experience emphasizing live stats
- Standardize and improve navigation accessibility
- Offer consistent content presentations based on user interests
- Create a dense, device-responsive content experience
Once our team had clear goals, I led our definition, exploration, and delivery phases, making our insights actionable and tangible.
I worked in the capacity of design lead and project manager. I led a team of three designers through the early design exploration and delivery phases. We worked in design sprints utilizing the prompt > design > critique method. As we converged on ideas, we'd work with our research partner to test assumptions with real users.